"SurTec develops, manufactures and supplies chemical specialities for surface finishing. With its four fields of application – Industrial Parts Cleaning, Metal Pre-treatment, Functional and Decorative Electroplating – SurTec offers a highly comprehensive portfolio in this sector. SurTec supplies almost all segments dealing with surface treatment, including automotive, aerospace, construction/architecture, household, electronics, renewable energies, and mechanical engineering industries. The SurTec Group, based in Bensheim, Germany, has subsidiaries in about 22 countries. In addition, it cooperates with partners who represent SurTec in 20 countries."
At SurTec International GmbH, the holding company of the SurTec Group, we offer the following position:
Specialist R&D (m/w) Electroplating (functional/decorative)
Work location Zwingenberg / Bergstrasse with the perspective to move to our Branch in Hangzhou (China) after the successful training period in Germany
- Responsible to formulate, generate supporting development information and commercialize new formulating products
- Facilitate formulation/technology transfer to production as required to simulate the formulation process with recipe to do lab trial and pilot plant scale up including new source of material evaluation
- Prepare sample with new formulating recipe to support global and China product release with timescale as required
- Follow appropriate processes and maintain technical records to a high standard, meeting local quality standards and global requirement
- Partly support to make troubleshooting in customer side to make the investigation report with improved solution
- According to the environmental, health and safety standards, compliance to all the site safety regulation, process and working guidance to protect personal safety and colleagues
Our expectations / your profile
- PHD Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Chemistry or related field
- 2-5 years of job experience (electroplating industry) preferred
- Good command in English (written and verbal) as well as Mandarin is essential
- Good communication skills, in English and Mandarin
- Computer literate
- Methodical and systematic in problem solving
- Excellent report-writing skills
- competent in wet analysis
- Must be able to develop and write operating and control procedures
- Able to work in a team environment or independently, with minimal supervision
- competent in operating combination of these instruments (ICP-OES, AAS, UV-VIS Spectrophotometer, SEM-EDX) and interpret spectra
- Practical experience in 5S and GLP
- Good understanding of DOE, basic statistics, SPC, process characterization and spec validation is required
- experienced in project management
- good knowledge of Quality Management
Take your chance and shape your future career together with us. We look forward to applicants with professional and practical experience from a comparable position.
What we offer
A modern and versatile workplace in an international company as well as a positive working atmosphere.
The possibility to move to our subsidiary in Hangzhou / China.
Do you feel ready for your next step in career?
Please send us your meaningful application documents stating your earliest possible starting date and salary expectations exclusively online by https://jobs.freudenberg.com
Do you have any questions?