The Freudenberg Group, a global technology group with 48,000 employees in some 60 countries, develops leading-edge technologies, and excellent products, solutions and services for more than 30 market segments. Freudenberg & Co. Kommanditgesellschaft, with its Headquarter in Weinheim, is the strategic parent company of the broadly diversified Group. Freudenberg Medical is a leading global manufacturer of components for medical devices, complex catheter systems for minimally-invasive surgery and total solutions for the biotech, healthcare and pharmaceutical industries.
FHP is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees with regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, disability, handicap, citizenship, veteran status or on any other basis prohibited by law.
At FHP we strive on being a workplace that brings innovative, smart, and talented people together to help create an environment where you can be your best. Being part of a global organization, we thrive on diversity and encourage our employees to explore opportunities that capture their real interests. As our corporate slogan says, Innovating Together is a large part of what we do. We are developing the most innovative products that make the lives of our consumers easier and more efficient. Employees from all teams within FHP are encouraged to innovate and come up with creative solutions to our everyday business challenges.
Our people are the most important part of what we do which is why career growth opportunities are a large part of our development plan for all employees. We are excited to be growing our team and are always on the lookout for exceptional talent that will keep our innovation flowing!
Perform technical components associated with quality control and production of Products including, but not limited to: product functional testing, production Inspection, checking the lines, scanning, incoming inspection, First Article inspection which includes QAM testing and product audits in the warehouse.
• Perform first article inspections for vendors
• Perform line audits all day as time allows due to other daily requirements and special requests
• Perform functional testing on finished product and components
• Understand and use check fixtures
• Document inspection results in electronic version of the Line Audit Log
• Use of precision measurement equipment such as calipers, height gages, micrometers etc.
• Report any discrepancies to management
• Approve production startup after changeovers in drill fill, assembly and injection molding.
• Make recommendations and suggest improvements and implement changes to processes
• Perform incoming inspection for finished goods and starting materials
• Coordinate with production and warehouse on incoming inspection and QNC investigation
• Understand and utilize ANSI/ASQ sampling tables
• Utilize sampling plans to approve/reject finished goods and starting materials
• Request samples from Warehouse
• (Repeat) Document results of incoming inspection in the appropriate logs
• Review and file Shop order with quality checklist, process inspection sheets, deviations and CoC’s for various products
• Review, complete and distribute incoming inspection notification forms
• Present observations, findings, and results to management
• Escalate major discrepancies to management
• Initiate and distribute quality alerts and non-conformance reports
• Take and publish detailed photographs
• Review production process inspection sheets and verify they are completed correctly
• Visually inspect all CE mops and document results with initials and date
• Initiate and sign certificate of conformances
• Make process books for the various manufacturing processes
• Manage QA Quarantine area
• Review shop orders for any test requirements and any other special instructions
• Ensure the request is send to inventory control for all material in quarantine area to be blocked in SAP
• Perform in-process inspections
• Review and request any rework or 100% inspection to be completed by production
• Review and sign the re-work document for all customer returned product.
• Identify rework requirements for customer returned product
• Inspect and approve/reject reworked customer returned product
• Approve production startup for injection molding
• Perform first article inspections for new molds, modified molds and material changes
• Initiate first article reports and present findings and observations to management
• Calibrate scales on the first of the month, every month
• (Repeat) Maintain and update the QNC log to reflect the material in quarantine area
Functional & Technical Knowledge and Experience
• Thorough understanding of Quality and Manufacturing principles
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to make a plan, execute a plan, and measure results
• Familiarity with and ability to use computer and software Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Comcol
• Computer & Administrative Skills
• Math, analytical and problem solving skills
• Knowledge of and ability to read and decipher blueprints and engineering drawings
• Project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to communicate with all levels of management
• Excellent internal and external customer service skills
• Good communication skills verbal and written
This position is located at our cleaner, greener headquarters in Aurora, Illinois. Saving energy and protecting the environment were key in designing and building our newest facility in Aurora, IL. Opened in the fall of 2009, it’s one of only six industrial buildings in the Tri-State area (IL, IN and WI) to be Silver LEED® (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) certified. Located near a wetland of flora and fauna, we’ve been especially conscious of their ecosystem by building wetland-bottom detention ponds that slow storm water runoff and improve the quality of the water leaving the site. In addition, we offer preferred parking for carpoolers and hybrids, and feature high-efficiency fluorescent light fixtures with motion sensors throughout the offices and warehouse.
Other eco-friendly features:
• Low-VOC (volatile organic compound) paints, adhesives, sealants, coatings, carpets and flooring systems were used to eliminate harmful odors and improve the indoor air quality
• High-efficiency plumbing fixtures help reduce overall water usage, while high-efficiency HVAC equipment helps reduce energy use To us, sustainability means integrating ecological, social and economic values into everyday life. It’s a continuous effort and it’s something we’ve worked for years to implement and live in all parts of the company.