To assist with technical related issues for the manufacturing and testing of rubber compounds produced in the Shelbyville mixing facility. Provide technical assistance to customers of Shelbyville produced compounds.
Materials Analyst - Shelbyville
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain systems for processing and testing of elastomeric materials
- Monitor and report processing and testing results
- Implement process improvement and cost reduction methodology for manufacturing and testing of elastomeric materials
- Provide technical support for customer and internal functions
- Conduct problem solving and root cause analysis investigations
- Assist with process improvement projects, including the use of six sigma tools, lean and project management skills as required
- Complete Gage R&R and capability studies using statistical tools as required
- Support creation of Control Plans and PFMEA documents
- Provide training and instruction to manufacturing personnel for all new processes and equipment during product development and productionisation
- Participate in Growtth, TS 16949, and other company programs
- Provide good communications and inter-personal skills
- Perform functions in compliance with TS 16949 and Environmental Management Systems requirements
- Perform Special Projects as required
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- Experience with computer software programs like Microsoft Office
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in team environment
- Experience in using data analytics software such as Minitab
A condition of employment requires that the incumbent learn, abide by and sponsor the Guiding Principles of the Freudenberg Group.
Do you have any questions?