Leadership of sales, pricing, marketing activities to achieve sales goals and develop sales growth opportunities through new or existing customers and products, for defined Sales Area (region, channel, segment, or product). Accounts include large production remanufacturers and medium and small rebuilders. Accountable for profit & loss and leadership of direct and indirect team.
Use appropriate level of authority and/or use appropriate means to accomplish the following:
1. Develop commercial strategies supporting existing product lines; create strategies for new sales development opportunities in coordination with other Sales Managers and Business Development
2. Lead sales team to develop new sales through prospective customers in accordance with the Division’s commercial strategy; service current customer base for maintenance and growth of existing business
3. Lead and support sales team in objectives including active account management, including but not limited to daily sales calls, customer visits, product management activity related to customers, development of demand forecast, management and execution of account plans and growth summary
4. Participate in the Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning (SIOP) process for the region by providing customer sales input (forecast) in coordination with Customer Service and commercial support team
5. Create and manage Sales and Profit plan including sales growth funnel; create annual budget; manage expenses within approved budget; support continuous cost savings initiatives
6. Communication of customer/channel needs, risks and opportunities, circumstances affecting customer satisfaction, industry news and competitor activity; and recommendation of pertinent improvement actions
7. Leadership of Product Management activities supported by sales team including application maintenance and updates, BOM updates, customer complaint management, custom kit or part requests, training and seminars
8. Implement annual Pricing initiatives following strategic pricing plan, identify and adjust pricing within commercial area/channel as appropriate, support competitor pricing analysis and adjustments
9. Support Product Development in identifying new product or range expansion opportunities and ensuring new products are marketed and actively sold
10. Lead area/channel Marketing in coordination with central brand marketing, to create marketing strategies and an annual plan for promotional activities, communications including advertising and editorials, and trade show attendance; Create and implement pricing in coordination with overall brand pricing strategy for existing product lines
Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering with strong technical automotive knowledge; or any combination of 2 year Associate/Technical degree and 10 years leadership experience required, MBA preferred. 10 years sales/account management experience preferred, 5 years leadership experience preferred. Aftermarket, Automotive and/or related industries experience preferred, distribution experience helpful. Automotive technical knowledge, engine, transmission, steering knowledge, or parts related, helpful. Attributes desired include high motivation, due diligence, self-initiative, problem solving, leadership and strategic approach to sales.
Travel 40%+ including time each month spent in our Milan, OH Office.
Internal applicants: Please complete a self nomination form and send to your Division HR Lead, along with a copy of your resume. You can get a Self Nomination form from your Human Resources department. Agencies / Direct Placement: Freudenberg-NOK (FNST) has a team of dedicated recruiters who are responsible for all hiring needs within FNST. Our practice is to partner and work with our approved vendors only and on an as needed basis. FNST has identified and finalized our list of preferred vendors for the calendar year and the review process has been closed. We do not accept resumes from recruiting agencies that are not a preferred vendor, have not been authorized or approved by Corporate Recruiting to partner on a position and have not signed FNST's vendor agreement. Any resumes submitted from unapproved vendors will be considered unsolicited, and FNST will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. As a condition of employment, the incumbent shall learn, abide by and sponsor the Guiding Principles of the Freudenberg Group.