Chem-Trend, a company of the Freudenberg Group and part of Freudenberg Chemical Specialities, is a global organization with manufacturing operations in North and South America, Europe and Asia, sales offices in 18 countries and distributors in more than 50 countries that are supported by its headquarters in Michigan. Chem-Trend has a singular focus of formulating and manufacturing value-adding solutions to improve quality, reduce costs and boost the productivity of molding and casting operations.
Chem-Trend products are used in a broad range of applications, including composites, rubber and polyurethane molding, high-pressure die casting, thermoplastics processing, wood composite pressing and in the manufacturing of tires. To support our team we seek a qualified candidate for the role of:
Technical Sales Representative (m/f) Composites
In this function as a part of the Composite Sales team you would act as technical and sales support to the Composites Sales & Distribution team mainly in the German, Austrian and Swiss business region.
- Deliver the sales and growth targets.
- Provide daily operational encouragement and support to the distributor network in order to meet or exceed agreed budget objectives.
- Directly manage the customer base to ensure that the service level provided meets or exceeds their expectations and needs.
- Implement commercial and technical training as required for distributors, and offer application and trouble shooting consultation to end customers.
- Implement technical training & trouble shooting as required for key customers.
- Complete key product evaluations in agreement with sales & distribution.
- It is estimated that 40 % of the time will be devoted to direct selling versus 60 % of time will be dedicated to support the distribution channel.
- Provide advice, consultation and trouble shooting services to the Chem-Trend Europe Composite sales & distribution team.
- Perform various service related duties, specific to the Composite market within Europe.
- Continuously contribute to improving the processes, develop and maintain relationships with the co-suppliers and relevant trade organizations.
- University degree in engineering (Bachelor of Science) or equivalent. Chemically trained personnel in addition to engineers would be also consider.
- Industry experience with knowledge of the composites industry, production methods and materials and release agent technology and application
- Previous technical sales experience is preferable, but not mandatory.
- Basic technical skill level to effectively deal with and manage technical problem-solving support groups on a wide range of issues.
- You are goal- and action-oriented, independent, well organized, independent personality with a hands-on-mentality and planning abilities.
- Excellent communication skills, capable of dealing effectively with senior management and every level of customer contact from factory floor operators to board level management would be neccessary.
- You should be able to communicate effectively in German and English.
- Ability to work in a multicultural and multi-lingual environment.
- Must be prepared to travel extensively
If you are interested in this position we are happy to receive your complete application.
Do you have any questions?