Designs seals to meet customer requirements; conducts design verification and analysis, validation tests, and return seal investigations; manages product launches; and conducts product and process improvement projects.
• Following LCHD standards: Design, development and manage of test programs for cassette seals, combi seals and single element radial shaft seals for applications for
• CCHD customers (Truck and Bus, GI). Lead problem solving activities to address performance concerns with existing product.
• Manage product launch activities including design, prototype, test, and production launch per the FNST Product Development Process (PDP).
• Lead Product Development Team in the preparation of product cost analysis of prototype and new series production products, which can then be utilized for customer quotation responses.
• Actively support the continued compliance and maintenance of the site QMS.
• Pro-actively participate in customer new product development teams and perform subjective/objective vehicle measurements in conjunction with customer engineering teams. Perform analysis of components returned by the customers and identify root causes for failure, prepare analysis report.
• Assist Product Development Team in providing technical support to Corporate Sales and Marketing team in terms of product training, customer and supplier technical presentations, customer problem resolution, establishing marketing strategy, etc.
• Assist Product Development Team in providing product training to Competence Center support teams and production associates.
• Assist in the resolution of product/process quality concerns identified by both “internal” and “external” customers.
• Actively participate in Competence Center Continuous program, including major and minor Kaizens, 5-S, Model Cell, VA/VE, and program management workshops.
• Travel to customers, supplies, and other FNST facilities required
• All other duties as required.
• Required BS in Engineering Discipline, BSME preferred. Masters in Engineering a plus.
• Preferred: Five years product design experience or 2 years of radial shaft seal design experience. BSME with less experience will be considered.
• Project management experience preferred.
• Ability to conceptualize mechanical components and component interactions. Understanding of strength requirements, thermal effects on systems of components, fluid flow, and rubber flow in molding.
• Ability to assess manufacturing feasibility.
• Ability to prepare drawings manually and/or with CAD.
Internal applicants: Please complete a self nomination form and send to your Division HR Lead, along with a copy of your resume. You can get a Self Nomination form from your Human Resources department. Agencies / Direct Placement: Freudenberg-NOK (FNST) has a team of dedicated recruiters who are responsible for all hiring needs within FNST. Our practice is to partner and work with our approved vendors only and on an as needed basis. FNST has identified and finalized our list of preferred vendors for the calendar year and the review process has been closed. We do not accept resumes from recruiting agencies that are not a preferred vendor, have not been authorized or approved by Corporate Recruiting to partner on a position and have not signed FNST's vendor agreement. Any resumes submitted from unapproved vendors will be considered unsolicited, and FNST will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. As a condition of employment, the incumbent shall learn, abide by and sponsor the Guiding Principles of the Freudenberg Group.