Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs all commercial and supplier management activity for assigned commodities.
- Initiates and executes a Market Analysis and Commodity Strategy for assigned commodities that includes a strategy for supply base development and optimization by commodity.
- Generates raw material forecasts from complex sets of data and analysis of various feedstock markets.
- Manages all supply chain factors of total cost for assigned commodity and divisions consistent with divisional business plans.
- Coordinates with global counterparts to execute common, Global Market Analysis and Commodity Strategies.
- Development of material strategies that mitigate financial and business risk for the divisions.
- Initiates and leads material cost savings activities through divisional work plans.
- Leads make/buy decision process for assigned commodities.
- Acts as top commercial agent for divisional business unit with responsibility for all purchased material and services costs.
- Assures compliance to corporate best business practices for all divisional purchasing activities.
- Works closely with R&D/Material Technology teams to ensure alignment with the supply base and technologies.
- Acts as the primary interface with the supply base for all commercial matters.
- Creation and execution of Purchase & Supply Agreements (contracts).
- Creation and maintenance of mutual non-disclosure agreements with the supply base.
- Responsible & accountable for successful completion of managing cost and completing key assignments, projects as defined by direct manager.
- Domestic and/or international travel required. Travel approximately 10 - 20%.
- Other duties as assigned.
Seeking experienced Commodity Specialist!
Special Circumstances on the job:
The candidate requires a combination of purchasing and business management skills sufficient to lead the managed groups to higher levels of performance. A solid understanding of purchasing systems, cost management, supplier development and the technical aspect of our manufacturing processes are essential to success. The candidate must be capable of promoting and selling concepts at all levels of the organization through sound analysis and business judgment. The candidate must perform with a minimum of supervision and be a demonstrated team player.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, business or equivalent.
- Recent college graduate to 10+ years of work experience in Purchasing or Supply Chain Management with a desire to work in a commercial role.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to communicate / interface across all organizational levels.
- Goal oriented with high self-motivation and problem solving skills.
- High energy, good presence
- Team player
- Experienced, strong negotiator.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Excels in a fast-paced, intense learning environment.
- Experience with QAD, SAP, or equivalent MRP system.
- Experience or knowledge of supplier portals (ex: Pool4Tool)
- Demonstrated potential to advance to positions of greater responsibility and impact.
- Interfaces effectively as a team player internally and externally.
Internal applicants: Please complete a self nomination form and send to your Division HR Lead, along with a copy of your resume. You can get a Self Nomination form from your Human Resources department. Agencies / Direct Placement: Freudenberg-NOK (FNST) has a team of dedicated recruiters who are responsible for all hiring needs within FNST. Our practice is to partner and work with our approved vendors only and on an as needed basis. FNST has identified and finalized our list of preferred vendors for the calendar year and the review process has been closed. We do not accept resumes from recruiting agencies that are not a preferred vendor, have not been authorized or approved by Corporate Recruiting to partner on a position and have not signed FNST's vendor agreement. Any resumes submitted from unapproved vendors will be considered unsolicited, and FNST will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. As a condition of employment, the incumbent shall learn, abide by and sponsor the Guiding Principles of the Freudenberg Group.
Do you have any questions?