Freudenberg is a privately held company based in Germany that was founded in 1849. Freudenberg is a global technology group that strengthens its customers and society long-term through forward looking innovations and develops leading-edge solutions for over 30 different market segments in as many as 60 countries. We are active in mobility & transport, industry & manufacturing, energy & resources, household & textiles, healthcare & the food industry and services.
As part of the Freudenberg Group, Freudenberg Performance Materials in Macon, GA is part of a global manufacturer of high value Nonwovens products serving the North America Roofing Industry. Freudenberg Nonwovens was not only one of the first to introduce Nonwovens to the market, but is the largest and most diverse manufacturer of Nonwovens in the world today. Innovation strength, strong customer orientation, diversity and team spirit are the cornerstones of Freudenberg. Commitment to excellence, reliability and proactive, responsible action belong to our company’s core values. Freudenberg Performance Materials attaches great importance to social and ecological responsibility.
The Electrical Engineer contributes to the success of the Company by providing engineering support for the Macon facility. The Electrical Engineer is in charge of installation and startup of new equipment / machines and continue with the maintenance of such installed equipment / machines. Create, update and provide reports of maintenance plans to management. Must have a high level of industrial maintenance experience. Daily duties consist of maintenance, job costing, and recordkeeping of the building, machinery, equipment and infrastructure in general.
- Assures equipment reliability to maximize production line productivity
- Implements processes to improve process enhancements that improve changeover efficiency
- Part of the team for daily maintenance of general infrastructure.
- Maintain and safeguard company assets in good working condition.
- Troubleshoots and makes modification to PLC’s
- Repair equipment for distribution or utilization of electrical energy in a manufacturing environment
- Replace broken or defective electrical and mechanical parts
- Advanced knowledge in locating and diagnosing trouble in electrical systems or equipment working from blue prints, electrical drawings, layouts or other specifications.
- Works standard computations related to load requirements of wiring and/or electrical equipment.
- Reviews respective area for opportunities to drive productivity and reduce costs within the organization, and communicates the proposed solution for improvement.
- Follows LOTO procedures, JHA’s, and Standard Operating Procedures as well as looks for continuous improvement in the process task.
- Lead by example and ensure implementation of organizational objectives for workplace safety and coordinate activities with HS&E officer, while meeting the internal Freudenberg, ISO 14000 & OHSAS 18002 standards.
- Commit to and participate in activities of continuous improvement.
- Bachelors of Science Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering
- Electrical experience maintaining production equipment
- A minimal 3 years’ experience in an industrial environment installing and or maintaining manufacturing equipment
- SAP experience a plus, but not required
- PLC experience (Siemens) preferred but not required
- Knowledge of rotating equipment
- Experience with Pneumatic systems
- Industrial Electrical Wiring, Mechanical/Electrical Devices and Circuits experience
- Basic Drive Maintenance, Installations, troubleshooting experience
- Experience using multiple data sources and reports to conduct analysis, resulting in implementation of action plans.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively interface with all levels of management and employees.
- Strong follow up and attention to details in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks, customer demands and flexibility in job assignments, as well as good project management experience.
- Strong commitment to safety, environmental, workplace organization and housekeeping.
- The successful candidate must also demonstrate the Freudenberg Guiding Principles: Values for Customers, Innovation, Leadership, People and Responsibility.
- Foster Six Sigma and Learning initiatives, and create an environment of teamwork.
- Strong computer proficiencies, Microsoft office; SAP is a plus
The employee is required to walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk; and hear. The employee may need to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Willing and able to stand on their feet for long periods of time and work flexible hours. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to non-temperature controlled environment.
- Position is located in Macon, GA
- Travel will be minimal (10%)
- Relocation Expense Reimbursement Available
- Position reports to the Maintenance Manager
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Do you have any questions?