The Freudenberg Group, a global technology group with 40,000 employees in some 60 countries, develops leading-edge technologies, and excellent products, solutions and services for more than 30 market segments. Freudenberg Performance Materials is a leading global supplier of innovative performance materials offering differentiated value propositions to a broad range of markets and applications such as Automotive, Apparel, Building Materials, Energy, Medical and Specialties.
Product Development Engineer
The Product Development Engineer position provides critical product development support to the Freudenberg Performance Materials LP business. This postion involves working within the R&D Group, and partnering with the Sales and Marketing Group and Customers, to develop new products and improve existing productions within the various markets the company operates, including automotive, building materials and construction markets, filtration, geo-textiles, medical and industrial products. This position reports directly to the Head of R&D. The selected individual must be curious, innovative and self-directed with the ability to successfully manage multiple projects at one time, change focus as required and be actively involved in cross-functional projects. Additionally, the selected indiviudal should have a demonstrated careeer history that shows success in partnering with customers to develop product requirements and specification that transititioned into profitable sales for the company and delivered value for the customer.
- Ph.D in Polymer Science, Material Science, Textile Engineering Chemical Engineering. Master of Science in the mentioned disciplines with at least eight (8) years of experience can be considered.
- 3 - 8 years experience in a research or product development environment in one or more of the following areas: fiber spinning, textile engineering, foam chemistry and processing, plastics processing or plymer extrusion. Nonwovens experience is highly desired.
- Experience with Stage-Gate Process, Statistical Data Analysis and Design of Experiment
- Experience with ISO9001/IATF16949 and/or ISO standards for medical devices and clean room.
- Ability to work independently in fast-paced environment, and on multiple projects simultaneously; good prioritization and decision-making skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills within a matrixed organization
- Solid Excel capability and working knowledge of SAP a plus.
- Responsible for designing, improving, and maintaining new & existing products and development processes that are cost efficient, manufacturable, and reliable.
- Research the North American market for various applications of spunbond technology nonwoven fabrics in the Automotive, Building Products & Systems, and/or Industrial markets.
- Research all available raw materials, fibers and chemicals which could lead to improved products and cost reductions.
- Provide Technical leadership to business champions, sales and marketing staff, and customers on new and existing products.
- Tracking and reporting project progress on a weekly basis to management and business champions.
Position is located in Durham, NC
Travel may be required and normally between 25 - 30%
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Do you have any questions?