The Product Marketing Manager reports to the Competence Center Manager. It is expected that the Product Marketing Manager will play a key role in driving profitable growth.
The Product Marketing Manager has the abilities to drive business results, deliver results through people, ensure market-driven direction, guide product direction, and manages multiple priorities. The Product Marketing Manager plans and executes the marketing of products and services for the Competence Center and supports the coordination of Marketing to OEM customers. The Product Marketing Manager is responsible for both product planning and product marketing in his/her assigned product-markets. This includes managing the product throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering to deliver winning products.
The successful candidate will be responsible for strategic planning, market segmentation analysis, product planning, and establishing pricing and margins. He/she will be accountable for helping build and maintain the high level of quality and service that customers have come to expect from Freudenberg-NOK, and for achieving assigned goals and objectives for the Competence Center.
Product Marketing Manager - Morristown
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To develop accurate and timely manufacturing costs in response to customer or internal inquiries
- To manage the team feasibility quote process while challenging and motivating team member performance
- Review, recommend, and direct the “make or buy” decision process
- To complete customer required documents such as customer cost breakdowns and other commercial information as needed while protecting the interests of FNGP
- Lead cross-functional teams and be the product-market advocate (champion) within the Competence Center
- Provide support and input to the development and execution of the Leadcenter strategic plan (STRAP)
- Support the identification and definition of clear and differentiable value-propositions for specific product and market segments
- Develop market research & analysis for new and target markets
- Manage marketing initiatives and execution of marketing strategy for the Competence Center
- Drive sales force knowledge and awareness of Competence Center products and capabilities
- Support development of tools to aid the effectiveness and execution of the sales channels
- Manage product planning, product development and product launch activities to drive increased market penetration
- Develop and recommend pricing strategy which will result in the greatest sustainable profit
- Assure that market intelligence is received and analyzed to capitalize on market opportunities as they occur, and minimize the effects of competitive activity
- Maintain adherence to Company policies, safety/ergonomic standards and good housekeeping practices
- Understand and implement the health, safety, and environmental policies and to integrate health, safety, and environmental considerations into daily work activities
- Supports and participates in the Quality System, EMS and OHS programs
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Engineering, or related field is required. MBA is preferred.
- 5 to 7 years in progressively responsible strategy and marketing/customer facing roles
- Advanced intellectual, analytical, and problem solving skills are critical for success in this role
- A mindset that balances both strategy and innovation with direct and successful execution is critical
- Preferably, he/she will be experienced in a company that manufactures and markets technically complex products through a variety of market channels
- He/she will have earned a reputation for developing innovative strategies in complex markets, ultimately executing for profitable revenue and market share growth
- Strong customer orientation and market-driven.
- Will make changes smartly and quickly when needed.
- Combines strong marketing abilities with good overall management acumen.
- Non-political and willing to challenge leadership and conventional thinking.
- Has, and sets, high expectations for her/himself, and the organization; driven by metrics and countermeasures.
- Effectively prioritizes and deploys resources to key priorities.
- Possesses a high sense of urgency.
- Is highly autonomous and self-directed.
- High degree of credibility to be convincing and persuasive.
SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES OF THE JOB:
Work is usually performed under tight and inflexible deadlines, requires individual initiative, interpersonal skills, interaction with and travel to customers, and attention to a multitude of projects and details with some guidance.
A condition of employment requires that the incumbent learn, abide by and sponsor the Guiding Principles of the Freudenberg Group.
Do you have any questions?