Chem-Trend, a company of the Freudenberg Group, and part of Freudenberg Chemical Specialities, is a global organization with manufacturing operations in North and South America, Europe and Asia, sales offices in 17 countries and distributors in more than 50 countries that are supported by its headquarters in Michigan. Chem-Trend has a singular focus of formulating and manufacturing innovative process chemical specialities for use in the die casting, rotational molding, general rubber, polyurethane, tire, thermoplastic and composite industries.
Chemist - Applied Research
- Researching, developing and implementing novel chemistries to meet market needs
- Pioneering new chemistry and new chemical processes for the company through assignments that span a variety of business industries and product line
- Handling long-range projects with emphasis on developing core technologies for multiple business industries
- Contributing to projects assigned to other members of the research group and participating in training, process scale-up, and field evaluation of research chemistries
- Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry, advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years work experience related to the development of specialty coatings and/or specialty chemicals
- Must have a strong background in chemical synthesis, experimental design, and data interpretation; experience in silicon chemistry and polymer science is advantageous
- Must be a versatile, innovative and resourceful scientist capable of original, independent chemical research with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal and written/oral communication skills
Chem-Trend operates around the globe with employees worldwide. We are a customer-focused organization with a culture of innovation, responsiveness, and work/life balance. We recognize that it’s our people who make Chem-Trend a leader in the release agent industry so we strive to keep employees happy, motivated and challenged. Apply online to become a part of the Chem-Trend team!
Do you have any questions?