Klüber Lubrication, a company of the Freudenberg Group and part of Freudenberg Chemical Specialities, employing over 2,000 people in more than 30 different countries, is the world’s market leader for specialty lubricants. Our passion is innovative tribological solutions that help our customers to be successful. We supply more than 2,000 different products, many of them customized, and provide service support in almost the entire world’s industries and markets. To support our team we are looking for
Business Development & Channel Manager – OKS, Bangalore
The job owner reports to the Head of the OKS Business. The Business Development & Channel Manager – OKS, will be responsible for the business development of our OKS brand. He will develop Marketing and Channel strategies to drive our business and to further positioning our OKS brand as the MRO (Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul) brand in India. He markets the related product portfolio of OKS High Performance Lubricants across all aftermarket channels and accounts. The Jobowner is responsible for establishing the aftermarket channel from scratch and developing and guiding it to success. His objective is to execute actions plan to achieve our growth targets of 20%. He increases our market share in the aftermarket business and also aims to achieve market leadership.
This candidate must have an energized personality, a rich appreciation for the speciality and MRO lubricants industry, and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. The candidate should have the ability to creatively think outside the box and balance strategic thinking with tactical execution which are very critical to success in this role.
Accountability and duty
- Lead the aftermarket channel for OKS MRO products
- Setup the pan-India industrial aftermarket channel for OKS MRO products
- Appoint super-stockists to aid in the proper distribution of OKS MRO products throughout the country
- Develop the procedure to appoint traders (if required) to enhance aftermarket distribution channel for OKS MRO products
- Provide ongoing analytics and reports on aftermarket results, market conditions, as well as recommendations to improve aftermarket channel results
- Manage large and small outlets and special aftermarket services within the country
- Deliver assigned objectives on core drivers – display, distribution and new items. This will occur across multiple traders and multiple parties per geography
- Partner with super-stockists to identify opportunities in the area of display, speed to retail on new items, core distribution
- Liaise with traders in the field to identify opportunities and resources for in store related activities.
- Coach and train representatives from super-stockists and traders for the aftermarket channel
- Allocate responsibilities to achieve key aftermarket drivers, distribution, selling displays, survey hit rates and speed to market on new items
- Lead branded in-store merchandising/planogram process, establishing visual direction and messaging that aligns with strategic brand direction that will be pulse across all channels
- Drive sampling programming across all accounts, measure ROI and utilize results for future initiatives
- Partner with Marketing Communications team to develop social calendar and drive exposures within each trader/ retailer
- Develop overarching strategy for promotional calendar, incorporating market insight and balancing company investment with new customer acquisition. Identify strategic investment opportunities that allow for partnerships to promote channel/account relationships and brand-building
- Spearhead digital retail strategy, balancing branded consistency with unique content to engage the client across multiple touchpoints in the digital space for aftermarket
- Measure, evaluate and enforce expectations for aftermarket conditions
- Identify and analyze business within market using syndicated data and account data information to capitalize on potential opportunities
- Demonstrate abilities to build relationships
- To lead / manage local product development in close co-ordination with the Product Manager. To be responsible for the local product portfolio required to be pushed to the market via aftermarket channel
- Develop new products and packaging systems
- Initiate and plan targeted marketing communication actions
- To participate/ contribute with the national inputs in aftermarket channel developments.
- Attend industry specific trade shows (external) and seminars in the region. Participate as member in specific trade or industry associations as appropriate.
- Creating and using Value Case Studies to multiply business.
- Plan, implement and support domestic marketing activities for the aftermarket channel.
- To provide ideas for new product innovation and actively participate in new product launch.
- Using CRM as a Sales tool.
- Building + Managing an Opportunity Pipeline in CRM.
- Write a monthly Newsletter and place our OKS brand. Place digital content on respective plattforms.
The jobholder may be given special assignments depending on the situation and necessity in consultation with the Head of Department. Special assignments give the jobholder the chance to make use of his possibilities and capabilities.
- Preferably Master of Business or Marketing with focus on Business Strategies, Market Strategies, the implementation and monitoring of the objectives.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in sales, marketing, or business management, preferably in the field of lubrication technology, with track record of increasing responsibility.
- Working experience in aftermarket channel management is mandatory
- Demonstrated experience with marketing competencies including market strategy and communications, demand generation and market research
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and networking skills required
- English language mandatory.
- Knowledge of other Indian languages will be beneficial.
- Willingness to travel – 50-60% of travel
- Channel Management Experience
- Highly organized skills with ability to work independently.
- Business-minded personality with a professional, customer-oriented attitude and sales skills
- Able to be ambitious, outstanding, personal, persuasive and assertive yet positive and courteous.
- Able to interact well with all levels of colleagues and customers.
- Ability to be a strong product champion and individual contributor with aptitude to guide a cross functional team.
- Well balanced, entrepreneurial commercial and technical background including capability to understand and fulfil the marketing tasks of pricing (strategies), the placing of products and services into the right target groups and markets, product management and promotional activities
- Strategic thinking with a strong ambition to achieve set goals
- High ethical Standards in communication and business doing
Klüber Lubrication India Private Ltd.
Shashank Shandilya∙ HR ∙ 1st Floor Silver Jubilee Block, 3rd Cross, Mission Road ∙ 560047 Bangalore
Do you have any questions?