The Freudenberg Group, a global technology company with 40.000 employees in about 60 countries, develops leading-edge technologies, excellent products, solutions and services for more than 30 market segments. The business group Freudenberg Home and Cleaning Solutions is the leading name for branded mechanical household products. Our company culture is innovative and multicultural, built and based on trust and integrity, openness and mutual respect. In all areas we count on highly talented, motivated and results-oriented employees, to continuously secure and expand our Vileda brand as the leader in the international markets.
The resource is responsible for monitoring, identifying and propose improvements to the existing and already validated production processes in terms of time, cost and efficiency. The role holder develops and/or shares manufacturing standards and best practices, defines and monitors production performances and develops problem solving activities to continuously improve the processes. He is also working with Innovation and/or Engineering departments to ensure proper hand over to production.
- Facilitate the application of LEAN principles and tools to promote continuous improvement projects in safety, quality, productivity, waste and cost performance.
- Propose, calculate and implement metrics to monitor the efficiency of production processes. Analyze results and deviations, understand the root cause and put counter measures in place to fix deviation permanently.
- Collaborate with Innovation team and other relevant functions to define process settings (COS) and standards. Monitor, share and improve manufacturing methods and processes parameters for new and existing products.
- Develop and keep up-to-date work instructions, procedures and best practices. Train operators and facilitate knowledge transfers within teams (train the trainers). Evaluate knowledge and organize proper trainings according to production skill matrix.
- Being actively involved in production trials and optimizations, time and methods studies, capability experiments and process fine tuning
- Make sure of the effective use of materials, equipment and personnel in producing quality products at minimum costs. Identify opportunities for waste reduction in business and manufacturing processes.
- Assist Production Manager with budget estimating, production statistics, cost analysis, asset management and investment proposals.
- Work with Innovation and/or Engineering departments to provide direction regarding the release of new products or enhancements of existing products
- Work with suppliers and third parties production. Support benchmarking and technical growth with other teams and sites.
- Deliver the relevant performance reporting and communication and guarantee a high level of communication within departments.
- Academic degree Mechanical/Chemical/Industrial Engineering
- Fluent English required
- Knowledge of local technologies, in addition to the professional experience into a production plant
- Problem solving attitude with analytical approach
- Good knowledge of relevant software tools e.g. SAP
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills
- LEAN, SIX SIGMA basic knowledge required
- Motivated, self-improving and willing to learn
- Autonomous worker, strong priority setting
Do you have any questions?