The Freudenberg Group, a global technology group with 40.000 employees in some 60 countries, develops leading-edge technologies, and excellent products, solutions and services for more than 30 market segments. As the leading specialist in sealing applications and their market, Freudenberg Sealing Technologies is a supplier as well as a development and service partner serving customers in a wide variety of sectors including the automotive industry, civil aviation, mechanical engineering, shipbuilding, the food and pharmaceuticals industries, and agricultural and construction machinery.
Process Development Engineer
We are looking for an aspiring Engineer with a passion for engineering, technical innovation and customer service!
This position is responsible for machine development, controls and integration: to specify, design, source and develop equipment necessary to manufacture Lead Center products. Position will require activities for launch, productivity, and scrap improvement in the production environment. Key activities will be launching and supporting automated equipment systems and vision inspection systems.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Participate in the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) process, leading the development of prototype and production processes and equipment to ensure flawless launch.
- Develop and troubleshoot manufacturing equipment including controls, automation, and vision systems.
- Provide support to operations and quality team, including 8D report support.
- Support project managers and process development engineers in PPAP/customer validation activities.
- Work closely with Freudenberg-NOK manufacturing experts globally (USA, France, Italy, Japan, Germany) and associated departments (materials engineering, testing, operations, quality and laboratory).
- To conceptualize and develop lean manufacturing processes for new and existing business opportunities, which may include new and/or modified plant, equipment and process needs.
- Create and maintain accurate engineering/process/machine documentation such as, Process Flow diagrams, Process Failure Modes and Effects Analyses (PFMEAs), machine schematics, etc.
- Adhere to company policies and safety / ergonomic / quality standard.
- 15% Travel is possible to support operations within NAFTA.
- International travel possible for training and best practices.
All other related duties as assigned.
BSME required or equivalent technical degree.
- 2-5 years’ experience in manufacturing engineering
- Knowledge of manufacturing process, PLC controls, hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical.
- Experience with 3-D modeling
- Must exhibit good communication, project management, and interpersonal skills and, given some direction, have the ability to manage his/her own priorities and workload while working in a team environment.
- Ability to modify machine functions to meet specific item requirements, develop new machine process functions, troubleshoot and countermeasure both machinery and process problems.
- Ability to travel internationally on an as needed basis to machine builders and to other facilities. Required destinations include but are not limited to: NAFTA, Germany, Italy.
- Conceptualize mechanical equipment; visualize relation and interaction for components, understand component strength requirements.
- Preferred knowledge of lean systems and proven use of tools to improve operational efficiency.
- Experience in PLC programming; Ladder, Structured Text, and Function Block.
- Preferred experience with PC programming and networking; SQL, C#, C++, Pascal, Java
- Preferred experience Robot programming (Kawasaki AS Language)
- Preferred experience with vision systems
Internal applicants: Please complete a self nomination form and send to your Division HR Lead, along with a copy of your resume. You can get a Self Nomination form from your Human Resources department. Agencies / Direct Placement: Freudenberg-NOK (FNST) has a team of dedicated recruiters who are responsible for all hiring needs within FNST. Our practice is to partner and work with our approved vendors only and on an as needed basis. FNST has identified and finalized our list of preferred vendors for the calendar year and the review process has been closed. We do not accept resumes from recruiting agencies that are not a preferred vendor, have not been authorized or approved by Corporate Recruiting to partner on a position and have not signed FNST's vendor agreement. Any resumes submitted from unapproved vendors will be considered unsolicited, and FNST will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. As a condition of employment, the incumbent shall learn, abide by and sponsor the Guiding Principles of the Freudenberg Group.
Do you have any questions?